Wow, what a fantastic night at THE REVEAL. So much fun and laughter.
If you missed it, you can see a short version below. If you want the story behind the painting, you can see it on the SLUGA GALLERY Facebook page Live Feed post here.
I was overwhelmed by the number of people who came to the event and for the support from everyone.
I have received so many comments on facebook and through emails that I can't possibly reply to them all.
So, I will say here, that I thank each and every one of you who sent good wishes before, during and after the event. It was much appreciated and didn't go unnoticed. Please accept this as a message to you all.
I would like to thank the following people in particular:
- Cathy McGowan;
- my wife for all the varied contributions she made on this journey from beginning to end. It would not have been possible without her help.
- my daughters for their continuous enthusiasm and belief in my work.
- my friends who travelled long distances for the event and who have supported me for many years (you know who you are);
- the people of Yackandandah who came out on a cold night to support me;
- Wendy and Natasha Killeen from Stanton and Killeen Winery for their generous sponsorship of this event;
- Chris and Lauren and all the staff at Saint Monday Cafe in Yack for the food and support ... and endless cups of coffee :)
- the wonderful voices of the Yack men from Vivox;
- those who travelled as far as Melbourne and Sydney to see this one painting;
- and of course everyone else who was there on the night.
Also for those from Australia and overseas who couldn't be there, but joined us on the facebook live stream.
Well, the painting has now been collected and is on its way to Sydney.
I will remember the night of The Reveal for many years to come.
Please enjoy the selection of images below of the journey from the very first meeting with Cathy to the loading of the painting on the truck for the transfer to Sydney.
The beginning to the end for you to enjoy.
THINKING AND PLANNING
DOING THE PAINTING